More than 1,000 tech jobs announced in Ireland during June
There were more than 1,000 tech jobs announced in Ireland in June. Dublin landed the majority but there were also major announcements for Roscommon, Limerick, Drogheda, Derry and Wexford.
The biggest announcement was outside the capital, with Vistakon – a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson – investing €100m in its manufacturing operations in Limerick, bringing 200 life sciences jobs to the region.
Other science roles popped up in Wexford, with chromatography company Unical Chemical Technologies establishing a new manufacturing facility, hiring 17 people at the site. Elsewhere, Moss Vision declared it needs 50 people at its ophthalmic operations in Roscommon and CV6 Therapeutics is seeking 10 people to fill research roles in Belfast.
At the very start of the month there was a jobs announcement surge, with Drogheda nabbing 100 roles in a new biscuit manufacturing facility. The same day Affero, DocuSign and Integrity Solutions between them announced almost the same amount in Dublin.
Roles included security analysts and consultants, business analysts and governance, risk and compliance (GRC) specialists, data analysts, R&D and customer care.
The full jobs announcements from June:
- Johnson & Johnson to create 200 new jobs in Limerick in €100m investment
- 185 new tech jobs in Dublin and Wexford across six companies
- 100 IT jobs in Ireland thanks to Evros rebranding
- 100 digital jobs in Derry with Metaverse Mod Squad
- 100 new jobs in Drogheda really take the biscuit
- Roscommon sees bright future after Moss Vision creates 50 jobs
- 50 IT jobs announced as IIS Group grows yet again
- Brazilian e-learning firm Affero Lab to create 40 jobs in Dublin
- More IT jobs in Dublin as DAQRI opens European HQ
- DocuSign confirms 30 new jobs for new Dublin customer support centre
- Jobs website Indeed to recruit 30 people in Dublin
- More developer jobs in Ireland with EssentialSkillz adding 30
- Smarter Surfaces creates 29 jobs after winning €6m worth of overseas deals
- 27 jobs announced at IT security firm Integrity Solutions
- Core Media expands in digital and data, creates 20 new jobs
- Irish science jobs boost with chromatography business hiring 17
- NI cancer research group announces 10 new jobs and £5.5m funding