Warehouse and Distribution Manager
Travel Required: There will be some travel required for this position. Mostly to Europe, some U.S, frequency estimated 2/3 times a quarter.
The Warehouse and Distribution Manager is a senior member of the European operations team. This is a key position and is a leader across Imports/Exports, Receiving, internal and external warehousing, inventory control, packing, invoicing/export documentation, shipping, and International trade and compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead all aspects of warehousing and distribution function to support business goals.
- Provide functional expertise in all areas of warehousing and distribution.
- Develop and implement all relevant procedures to achieve business requirements and adhere to all agreed quality systems and standards.
- Takes full ownership for stock status accuracy and the cycle count process across all areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for capacity management and ensures resource plans are in place to meet agreed plans
- Initiates and drives projects to continually improve the processes across all areas to reduce costs and increase service levels while fostering a culture of continuous improvement in all areas.
- Serve as a leader and role model and create a working environment which employees are equipped and driven to excel.
- Select, develop and motivate team members and develop the organisation to achieve agreed goals.
- Set and agree a rolling budget and follow through monthly monitoring and reporting.
- Develop, implement and monitor standardised KPIs.
- Drive and work with quality, engineering and operations to ensure the on-time delivery goals are achieved by identifying and addressing any issues or delays in warehousing and distribution.
- Develop, drive and implement warehousing and distribution priorities to meet the operational goals and KPIs.
- Overall responsibility for Trade and Compliance across the International area ensuring the structure is in place to manage the effective movement of product to achieve the revenue goals.
- Takes full ownership of or quarter end warehousing and distribution performance and ensures all deadlines are achieved including off the dock revenue shipments and installation goals.
- Collaborate with the procurement team on effective movement of international freight ensuring that all trade compliance codes are in place to prevent delays in shipping/delivering material.
- Work with the Engineering team to implement continuous improvement projects.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment, procedures are updated and in place and ensure all training is completed for warehousing and distribution personnel.
- Ensure that all direct reports are trained and following all Quality System procedures.
- Drive Oracle improvements in warehousing and distribution working with the IT expert team and other sites.
- Solve complex logistical problems across several geographical locations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; or 3-5 years’ experience managing a warehouse and distribution organisation, and/or; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A strong leader demonstrating clarity and purpose.
- Previous experience implementing continuous improvement programs with practical experience in deploying lean techniques.
- Excellent influencing, organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships across the organisation at all levels.
- Experience in the medical device industry is desirable.
- Previous experience using Oracle EBS or equivalent ERP systems.
- Proven ability to lead change management projects in warehousing and distribution.
- Good working knowledge of ISO 9001 system required, Experience with ISO 13485 is desirable.
- APICS/IPICS certification is desirable.
- Proven ability to manage International trade compliance.
- Good knowledge with M/S office applications.
- Driven to deliver excellent results.
- Experience working effectively with cross functional teams and remotely located team members