Supplier Program Manager
Our client, a multinational Medical Device company, is seeking a Supplier Program Manager to join its team who will be responsible for the commercial and tactical operational management of contract manufacturing partner(s) & finished goods suppliers to ensure product availability and stability of economics within the organisation.
- Minimum 7 years experience in a 3rd party supply chain management environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing & developing supplier relationships including contract negotiation.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
- Management of annualized standard cost settings, pricing, & cost out programs.
- High understanding of Compliance requirements and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) including validation requirements and Regulatory expectations.
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems (FDA/ISO) within a regulated environment.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings/specifications/familiarity with contract terms and conditions, statements of work.
- Competent user of MS Office tools [Access, Excel, Project, Word, Powerpoint].
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Strong leadership, decision-making & problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP /ASCP system or similar database system and Business Objects software program
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure product availability from external manufacturing partners to meet internal business needs.
- Manage & partner with suppliers to develop business relationships that deliver effective operational control to agreed service levels.
- Manages and negotiates contractual terms as necessary with suppliers to assure long term stability of supply and cost effectiveness
- Plan, support and implement projects with suppliers and key internal partner organizations to drive effective supply, cost control and timeline compliance.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure stability of the supply chain, develop & implement risk management processes to ensure no risk of supply.
- Responsible for negotiating and establishing contractual terms for assigned partners to ensure internal business needs are met.
- Manage supplier pricing reviews and COGS reduction projects to drive reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Works with suppliers to reduce lead times and increase overall supply chain agility.
- Engage with Franchise team to support strategic projects including RFP/RFQ process for new and existing business programs with 3rd party suppliers.
- Ensure suppliers achieve 98.5% weekly product availability through ongoing management of the supply base, risk assessments, contracts, and periodic business reviews with suppliers.
- Engage & develop continuous supply chain improvement practices to support the continued focus on delivering improved value and service levels.
- Conducts supplier landscaping activities, develops selection criteria to support new supplier identification and evaluation to ensure selection of qualified sources for new product and manufacturing needs.
- Establishes supplier benchmarking processes & contributes to business reviews to drive and improve supplier performance.
- Engages with key stakeholders within their organisation [Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Finance, Franchise team, Regulatory, etc.] to ensure timely delivery of business projects.
- Participates and engages in Make Buy reviews & decisions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.