Site Head of Maintenance & Engineering
Title: Site Head of Maintenance & Engineering
Industry: Food Manufacturing
Long established, highly successful and leading global manufacturer with significant additional investment plans underway, is currently seeking a Site Head of Maintenance & Engineering.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for devising and implementing a long-term strategy for the maintenance/engineering function to support the overall strategy of the business as well as leading a skilled team to deliver operational excellence.
The Site Head of Maintenance & Engineering will be a key member of the site leadership team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a safe work environment for all employees to ensure all compliance and safety standards are met.
- Lead a team of skilled craft technicians to deliver operational excellence, working cross-functionally and towards continuous improvement at all times utilising lean principles.
- Devise and implement a long-term strategy for the function to support the overall strategy of the business including the deployment of TPM and optimization of PEMAC system.
- Is a key member of the Site Leadership Team.
- Deploy lean practices to maintain and improve processing equipment and services within each production plant to enable the achievement of downtime, repair, production, quality and safety targets.
- Manage significant plant facilities e.g. Boiler House, CHP Plant, to deliver plant energy, steam, compressed air and water requirements.
- Liaise with Technical Manager on Plant Facilities and Energy projects.
- Manage Stores facility to ensure adequate stock and efficient supply of spare parts and consumables.
- Prepare and implement replacement / improvement proposals for existing plant and machinery.
- Manage the performance management and development processes for the function including training and skills development, succession planning and recruitment.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Strong engineering background with a formal engineering qualification.
- Knowledge of and experience in Mechanical, Electrical, Control, Production & Utilities engineering.
- Experience in an ATEX compliant environment is required.
- Must be a team player with strong people management and conflict resolution skills.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in engineering in a processing plant.
For further information, please contact:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.