Process Automation Engineer
Process Automation Engineer
- Support process control systems in a manufacturing environment, emphasis on quickly implementing programming solutions to resolve operational problems.
- Analysis of process data and support of continuous improvement efforts.
- Support of operations to optimize process performance.
- Integrate business systems with line control to automate machine operation and data transfer.
- Establish structured reports which pull equipment data and correlates to performance metrics.
- Own and develop effective use of SCADA and MES data to support manufacturing and utility operations.
- Commissioning of new and modifications of current equipment.
- Provide client engineering input to scope definition for automation strategy for manufacturing equipment design along with associated support systems and infrastructure.
- Working closely with the Site Engineering & Project Teams, drive & execute routine site upgrades of Scada Software and Hardware systems.
- Providing guidance to the Senior Management Team on best practices and methodology for execution of complete system upgrades this would also include:
- The compilation of documentation & presenting information from External vendors on the options available.
- The most effective approach to upgrading the sites Automation Infrastructure.
- Define and where applicable, provide training on an “as needed” basis for engineering and maintenance personnel to upgrade their skills in troubleshooting, maintaining and improving process control systems.
Skills / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Computer, Mechatronics, Robotics, or Electromechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 2+ years of manufacturing experience ideally in the Food and Beverage industry.
- Experience on Control System and Process Automation (Maintenance and/or Projects) including but not limited to PLC’s, HMI’s, DCS, Historians, Industrial Data Networks, Instrumentation and related hardware.
- Hands on experience with process controls equipment including PLCs, DCSs, HMIs, SCADA systems, real-time data historians, batch execution systems, SQL relational database systems, and network infrastructure including design and debugging skills. Hands on experience with Windows Servers hardware and Microsoft Windows applications.
- Experience with communication protocols including but not limited to RS-485, RS-232, Ethernet, and Data Highway Plus, Control Net, Modbus, and instrumentation field busses (Device Net, Foundation Field bus, Profibus, etc).
- Knowledge of GMP and environmental regulations applicable to the food and beverages industry.
- Experience with writing software test plans, user requirements, and system design documents.
- Strong teamwork, leadership, communication, and organization skills.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and the ability to learn and utilize job related systems.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.