Plant Manager (Manufacturing Industry)
The position will be responsible for the overall management of the Irish site. It will have full accountability for the development and the delivery of the annual operating plan, employee safety, welfare, training and development, employee engagement and implementing the site’s lean operating system.
The position will report to the Director, Global Operations with the following positions reporting directly to the Plant Manager: Manufacturing Manager, Technical Manager, EHS & Maintenance Manager and Supply Chain Manager. The following positions will have a dotted reporting line to this position, Financial Controller, HR Manager and Commercial Manager.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Full responsibility for the management of the facility with circa 150 employees and a turnover of $35M per year ensuring the delivery of key metrics in the area of Safety, Quality, Customer satisfaction, Inventory and Productivity in line with regulations and guidelines.
- Drives the company Safety and Environmental policies, practices and procedures to provide a safe working environment and ensuring compliance with all applicable regulatory Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Provide leadership to maintain strong employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training and development and problem resolution in line with the company Blueprint.
- Responsible for the continued deployment and maintenance of the company’s Lean operating system – driving continuous improvement in plant operations and manufacturing processes at all levels in the organization.
- Development and delivery of the budgeting and planning process for the annual operating plan (budget) and subsequent revisions.
- Responsible for the delivery of all operational metrics including Direct Labour Cost per unit, Overhead Cost per unit, Variable cost of manufacture, Efficiency, Quality and Utilisation (Net Productivity)
- Full Profit & Loss accountability for the Ireland site
- Managing the interaction and interface of the Ireland Plant including but not limited to weekly scorecard review, monthly financial performance reviews, quarterly business reviews, annual budgeting process, Lean Manufacturing implementation monitoring and purpose activation.
- Managing the development and delivery of annual capital plans and strategic medium term capital plans for the preservation of assets within budgetary constraints.
- Responsible for driving employee engagement and ensuring all activities at the site are aligned to company purpose.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of good relationships with the local and wider community.
- Responsible for facilitating and enabling development of direct reports and propagating a training and learning environment organizational wide.
- The position will be responsible for representing the company in a multitude of forums, including community, business and governmental relations areas.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Relevant Engineering Degree
- + 10 years Manufacturing/Production Experience preferably gained in a US multi-national environment
- 4 – 6 years management experience
- Proven track record in Leadership and Management
- Knowledge in all aspects of running a business
- Strong Leadership skills with a high level and awareness of emotional intelligence.
- Excellent people management skills with demonstrated experience of managing people in a fast paced and frequently changing, agile environment.
- Proven track record in problem solving and working under pressure.
- Excellent communication, organizational, motivational and administration skills.
- Resilient, Flexible and pro-active attitude, approach
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Self-driven and motivated, accountable, high integrity and strong work ethic.
The ideal candidate will need to have a strong understanding of what drives profitability and demonstrate an ability to consistently strive to deliver bottom line results with an enthusiasm towards achieving stretched goals and targets.
The candidate must have comprehensive experience in working in a Lean Manufacturing environment and be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of change and change management.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.