Title: Plant Manager
Industry: Food / FMCG/Manufacturing
This person will be responsible for co-ordinating and controlling the activities of all site functions in a team-based environment to meet production targets, quality, environmental, maintenance, H&S & cost objectives on a day to day basis in this hugely successful manufacturing plant. He/She will be a key person in defining the strategy and direction of the site. This person will be a core part of the management team, liaising directly with both internal and external parties on all associated aspects of the business.
Some Key Responsibilities will include:
- Production Planning, recruitment & organisation of Key Resources to meet production targets and maximise outputs within the plant.
- Manage and support a team of managers ensuring that the required level and types of training are provided to all the individuals to equip them to drive overall plant performance.
- Conduct quality review conversations with your direct reports and also responsible for setting challenging performance objectives.
- Oversee the implementation of the Site’s people development strategy, divisional communication plans, employee relations initiatives and people systems.
- Key role in driving and inculcating a continuous improvement culture on the site and continually improve communications through effective workgroups, VM Meetings, PSEs and the utilisation of all other relevant CI tools.
- Customer Relationship Management – Building effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Key resource in devising the change management strategy and initiatives within the site.
- Foster a culture of genuine and meaningful employee engagement on site.
- Drive improvements in EHS metrics ensuring all employees are aware of and conform to their responsibilities.
- Responsible for enforcing close-out of corrective actions arising from accident/incident investigations within a designated time frame.
- Development of site plans to meet Sustainability and Origin Green requirements.
- Develop the annual site budget and control spend so that all areas operate within the allocated budget.
- Maximise efficiencies based on input from the Production Manager’s measurement of plant costs.
- Represent the Site at Budget meetings.
- Promote a culture of excellence by ensuring all product is made to defined quality standards and meets the customer specifications.
- Manage the supply chain to ensure quality is not compromised at any point of the process.
- Ensure that automation systems deliver as required and do not compromise product quality.
- Oversee the implementation of appropriate maintenance systems that continually reduce downtime due to plant stoppages and optimise plant reliability to facilitate delivery of required volumes.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline (Food Science & Technology/Engineering/Production Management qualification desirable
- 7+ years relevant experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and obtain results through team work, motivation and real employee engagement.
- Evidence of balancing tactical and strategic priorities to drive the business forward and achieve longer term goals.
- Successful record in delivering organisational change in a unionised manufacturing environment.
- Passion to apply key continuous improvement principles in a fast moving production environment.
- Strong technical competence with advanced problem solving, analytical and issue resolution skills.
- Performance driven with a proven track record of achievement, high integrity and capability to exercise sound judgement in decision-making.
- Proven experience in a high volume high intensity environment.
- Previous use of Oracle is advantageous.
- Experience in tight control of operating costs and ensuring regulatory and legal compliance.
For further information, please contact:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.