The Operations Manager is a key member of the Site Management team charged with responsibility for all activities from customer order receipt through to on time customer order delivery.
- Ensures a robust supply chain process exists from customer receipt through to order delivery.
- Management of and oversight for all employees engaged in Customer Service, Order Scheduling, Master Production planning, Purchasing, Production, Warehousing, Inventory Management and Distribution.
- Ensures that all the above activities operate in an efficient manner while ensuring the site meets its internal and external customer obligations in a timely, quality orientated and professional manner.
- Partners with corporate functions to ensure that production processes & systems are aligned to maximize the capability & impact of the ERP system.
- Implements a lean methodology through the supply chain process and embeds a continuous improvement culture across the team.
- Liaise with Finance to drive cost effectiveness in all aspects of the supply chain process.
- Establishes and maintains an effective inventory management system on site.
- Creates an efficient and appropriate planning, scheduling and delivery process for all products including R&D builds.
Qualifications & Experience
- Ideally 10+ years manufacturing experience with substantial prior medical device exposure
- Ideally a Business or Engineering Degree with extensive production management experience
Competencies and Attributes
- Highly competent in production management techniques.
- Broad based knowledge of the whole supply chain process with related appreciation for ERP systems.
- Demonstrated experience in managing large & diverse teams with associated positive impact on employee engagement.
- An appreciation of product costing and an ability to drive cost out of the process through the implementation of Lean methodologies.
- A self starter that applies their own initiative to ensure timely execution of customer and project commitments.
- A strong team player, who can demonstrate a calm and influential presence to his/her team and to other departments. Must be capable of active and collaborative participation at site management team meetings.
- An effective and proactive communicator who can easily convey his/her ideas and requirements across all levels in the organization.
- Capacity to make effective decisions in the interest of the business, while learning from prior experiences
- Attention to detail while maintaining awareness of longer-term objectives.
- Displays the highest levels of commitment, integrity, courage and collaboration
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.