Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Maintenance Manager will have responsibility for the upkeep and maintenance of all company fixed Assets, ensure all Fixed Assets meet safety and Legal requirements and Maintain Plant and Machinery such that it delivers design / optimum performance consistently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a safe work environment for all employees to ensure all compliance and safety standards are met.
- Lead a team of skilled craft technicians to deliver operational excellence, working cross-functionally and towards continuous improvement at all times utilising lean principles.
- Devise and implement a long-term strategy for the function to support the overall strategy of the business including the deployment of TPM and optimization of PEMAC system.
- Is a key member of the Site Leadership Team.
- Deploy lean practices to maintain and improve processing equipment and services within each production plant to enable the achievement of downtime, repair, production, quality and safety targets.
- Manage significant plant facilities e.g. Boiler House, CHP Plant, to deliver plant energy, steam, compressed air and water requirements.
- Liaise with Technical Manager on Plant Facilities and Energy projects.
- Manage Stores facility to ensure adequate stock and efficient supply of spare parts and consumables.
- Prepare and implement replacement / improvement proposals for existing plant and machinery.
- Manage the performance management and development processes for the function including training and skills development, succession planning and recruitment.
Qualifications / Experience
- Strong engineering background with a formal engineering qualification.
- Knowledge of and experience in Mechanical, Electrical, Control, Production & Utilities engineering.
- Experience in an ATEX compliant environment is required.
- Must be a team player with strong people management and conflict resolution skills.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in engineering in a processing plant.