Head of Supply Chain
The Head of Supply Chain will be a key member of the Senior Management Team and will assume responsibility for delivering leading standards across the Supply chain from Factory to Customer.
He /She will co-ordinate and control all the activities within the department to meet the salient targets and ensure excellence in Transport, Planning, Purchasing and People Management and in doing so will have a strategic role in driving the function’s performance. This person will be required to liaise directly with both internal and external stakeholders on all associated aspects of the business. There is significant people management dimension to this role.
- Input to strategic planning process for the and execute agreed strategy projects as per business requirements.
- Weekly participation in the Senior Leadership team meetings, reporting on progress/issues within the Supply chain function.
- Lead the agreed Supply Chain activities within the Company Action Plan.
- Represent the Supply Chain function at Board Meetings as required.
- Manage a team ensuring that the required level and types of development and training are provided to all the individuals to equip them to drive overall performance.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and day to day supervision for employees within your span of control.
- Working with the key stakeholders, define the people strategy in your area to ensure that the organisation has the right people in the right roles to deliver optimum employee alignment, excellent performance and is best positioned to meet its current and future targets.
- Conduct quality review conversations with your direct reports and also responsible for setting challenging performance objectives and coach and provide leadership to direct reports on setting/meeting targets.
- Key role in driving a continuous improvement culture in your area and continually improve communications through effective workgroups, PSEs and the utilisation of all other relevant CI tools.
- Manage the contractor relationship for contractors to the company within the Supply Chain area of responsibility.
- Customer Relationship Management – Building effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Promote a safety culture across all aspects of the Supply Chain function and monitor adherence to all Environmental, Health & Safety standards and procedures.
- Manage the Sales and Operations planning process within the business.
- Work with all parties to optimise financial output of commercial and production plans.
- Overall accountability for company internal warehousing facilities to meet the needs of the business and ensure that finished goods stock inventory accuracy exceeds 99%.
- Responsible for overseeing the transport function within the company.
- Complete routing models to drive efficiency.
- Work with the various management teams to optimise transport spend and ensure the delivery of a quality service.
- Liaise with the Commercial team to fit transport needs to customer requirements.
- Overall responsibility for managing the process that maintains all rolling stock in compliance with regulations.
- Develop the annual Supply Chain budget and control spend so that all areas within your remit operate within the allocated budget.
- Monitor, deliver and report against key performance indicators on a weekly basis.
- Manage cost reduction initiatives within your span of control.
- Manage the purchasing spend and deliver savings against the agreed budget
- Measure raw material supplier performance and manage upwards over time.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline (Business, Agri Science, Food Science &Technology).
- At least 7+ years Supply Chain Leadership experience in a similar role.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Previous use of Oracle is advantageous.
- Capable of understanding the under lying processes across the full remit of the role.
- Experience in tight control of operating costs and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence at all levels in the organisation and a proven working relationship with people.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and obtain results through team work, motivation and real employee engagement.
- Proven track record of strong organisational skills.
- Strong business acumen, customer focus and commercially aware.
- Passion to apply key continuous improvement principles.
- A positive, can-do, resilient and flexible attitude and self-starting ability with the aptitude to take ownership of tasks and projects as required and see them through to completion.
- A leadership style that is demanding and performance driven whilst also engaging with the team in a way that motivates and delivers results.
- Politically astute.
- Very positive customer service and quality attitude.
- Performance driven with a proven track record of achievement, high integrity and capability to exercise sound judgement in decision-making.