Head of Human Resources -Ireland
Currently leading a search for a Head of HR Ireland for a Medical Device company in the West of Ireland. The person will report to the Global Director of HR Operations. This position is responsible for the HR processes and procedures as well as providing HR support to assigned global HR initiatives.
Industrial Relations / Employment Law:
- Formulate strategy for and lead Company/Union negotiations to ensure the achievement of approved outcomes that support the Strategic direction of the Company
- Develop an employee relations environment that is conducive to ongoing change and that leads to success within the Organisation
- Be the point of contact for local employee relations matters within a unionized environment – individual employee queries, shop steward interaction, grievance and disciplinary matters.
- Advice and counsel the management in legal cases in cooperation with local & global legal counsel. Update HR processes and developing workflows, including policies and Employee Handbook in collaboration with HR Manager, Management and Union reps were appropriate
- Develop and implement processes to continually improve the quality of HR services and programs
- Manage Company Pension Plans in an effective manner
- Build a good relationship with the Trustees and that they are informed and involved in decisions and actions to ensure the plans are up to date with legislation and performing as best in class compared to the Irish Pension market
Organisational Development / Change Management:
- Develop an environment that is conducive to ongoing change and that leads to success within the Organisation.
- Drive Change Management activities to support Manager and Associates in embracing ongoing change activities
- Develop and implement a strategy and programs that lead to the development and empowerment of the individual and the Team.
Compensation and Benefit Planning:
- Research, propose and manage annual Compensation/Benefit plans that compare competitively with commensurate organisations and that are consistent with Corporate policies.
HR Business Partnering:
- Develop progressive policies and programs that ensure the highest standards of practice
- Partner with the business functions in order to actively assist with the achievement of our Strategic Vision and Goals and to understand their Human Resource requirements so as to support them achieving these.
- Implementing HR programs in alignment with HR strategy throughout assigned organization providing advice and service to Management and Associates
- Act as a resource to identify HR related issues and recommend solutions that support the organization and enhance business goals
- Advice and counsel all levels of management and Associates as they relate to Associate relations and performance issues
Recruitment and Retention:
- Develop appropriate retention strategies to ensure that we retain the skills and abilities of
- Associates, needed to achieve our objectives. Ensure that approved recruitments are performed in a timely and effective manner to meet customer needs.
- Track manpower requirements, including internal promotions, internal transfers, and shift changes for the respective Plant, within the policies set out at Facility level.
- Lead activities to ensure the organizational structure and the development activities of the site is supporting the delivery of the strategy and key deliveries of all functions.
- Initiate activities to ensure the right candidates are recruited, developed and retained in the right positions, where their potential can be utilized, they can add value and demonstrate a strong performance
To discuss the role please contact Stephanie Ryan, InterSearch Ireland – Stephanie@intersearch.ie
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.