Group Sustainability Manager
The Group Sustainability Manager will report to the COO and have direct responsibility for delivering specialist knowledge to the business and leading the sustainability agenda across the organisation covering all elements of sustainability. This person will play a key role in developing corporate programmes that are aligned with corporate goals to ensure best in class in sustainability. The successful candidate will have full responsibility for defining and implementing the company’s sustainability strategy to meet future needs and ensuring that all deliverables, including target savings are met. This important role will liaise directly with both internal and external stakeholders on all associated aspects of the business working closely with the Senior Leadership team.
Core responsibilities for this role include:
- Lead the development and implementation of an overall strategy for the business relating to sustainability at all levels including proposing and agreeing global multiyear targets in support of the strategy.
- Identify and deliver the required metrics, targets and management control systems for the overall business to demonstrate progress against agreed overall goals.
- Provide expertise and leadership in sustainability, corporate social responsibility as appropriate to the industry.
- Develop a significant customer value proposition and communicate relevant developments to the wider business and customers.
- Develop a corporate offering and communications plan, associated documentation and programmes to bring sustainability into strategic focus for the business.
- Ensure the sustainability agenda including growth plans are fully considered and understood by the business.
- Proven ability to communicate, influence and represent the company when dealing with external parties including, customers, regulatory bodies, policy makers and industry representative groups.
- Develop and liaise with all functions to drive excellence in the company’s sustainability agenda and ensure continuity and consistency in strategy execution.
- Build effective working relationships with both internal and external parties.
- Responsible for ongoing management and delivery of accreditations for the company.
Candidates for this position should possess:
- Third level degree (minimum 2.1) and/or Master’s qualification in a relevant discipline.
- 7 + years’ experience in a similar role at a senior level.
- Strong technical knowledge relating to sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
- Up to date knowledge of current trends and sectoral challenges pertaining to the area of sustainability within manufacturing (food industry desirable).
- Proven working relationship with people combined with excellent influencing skills.
- Confident and optimistic “can do attitude” with energy and drive to meet targets and achieve results.
- Strong business acumen and commercially aware.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Proven flexibility and resilience to adapt to challenges in the course of achieving objectives.
- Innovative and solution orientated individual with the ability to constructively challenge the status quo.
- Ability to motivate and coach people at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to develop credibility, authority and respect within the business and with external parties.
- Demonstrated evidence of strong project management and presentation skills.
This is an excellent career development opportunity for the successful candidate who has the ability to make a real difference in a very dynamic and exciting role.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.