Responsible for the overall site performance, ensuring a smooth & efficient running of the day to day tasks within the plant, driving the performance of the site and the leadership team. This role is accountable for the continued growth, performance and achievement of business goals.
- Responsible for ensuring all the moving parts in each department are operating at full productivity.
- Develop and execute the company’s business strategies.
- Develop a leadership team in line with Company growth expectations.
- Lead operational efforts and be accountable for the financial and customer performance of engagements through close management of budgets and team members.
- Provide operational and strategic insight to the leadership team in order to advise on strategic decisions.
- Work within and lead cross-functional teams internally (confidently liaise with and guide business functions) in order to deliver outstanding product and customer service.
- Monitor Company performance metrics on an ongoing basis and hold area managers accountable for delivering.
- Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company growth and maintain customer’s expectations.
- Accountable for managing spend against the approved budget.
- Overall accountability for the delivery of key projects related to continuous improvement, business continuity or new product launch.
- Accountable for recognizing opportunities for cost savings and implementing actions to realize these savings.
- Support due diligence and integration activities as required.
Education / Experience / Skills
- Science / Engineering degree required. Advanced degree preferred
- Proven experience at Operations Director or Site Leader is essential.
- At least ten years’ experience in manufacturing operations of which 5+ years must be within medical devices.
- Contract manufacturing experience is highly desirable and preferred.
- A successful track record of achieving Quality, Service, revenue and profitability targets in manufacturing operations, including reducing direct/indirect costs while increasing operational efficiency, productivity and quality.
- Extensive experience with manufacturing process and quality improvement, including budget management, facility enhancement and improvements, lead time reduction, workflow enhancements and capacity management planning.
- Experience and training in a recognized quality system such as Six Sigma, Total Quality Management, Lean Manufacturing or ISO processes.
- Strong financial acumen demonstrated strategic planning skills and the ability to successfully communicate in a global organization.
- Proven track record of working effectively with third-party manufacturers.
- Experience in working with complex medical assemblies, highly desired.
- An entrepreneurial mind-set and ability to operate in a highly dynamic growth environment is a key requirement.
- Proven leadership abilities with strong track record of organizational and people development skills are key requirements.
To discuss the role or to request an information pack please contact Anthony Carrig, InterSearch Ireland – Anthony@intersearch.ie
To apply for this job email your details to Anthony@intersearch.ie.