General Manager (Distributor Industry)
This is an opportunity for a General Manager to shape and lead the company through an exciting growth phase. The ideal candidate will have strong strategic, financial, stakeholder engagement and administration experience at a senior management level.
The General Manager will manage the business on a day to day basis as well as set and deliver the strategic growth objectives for the business in consultation with the Operations Director and Sales Director.
- Develop, agree and deliver the strategic growth objectives of the Board.
- Deliver the annual P&L budget and prepare regular forecasts and business reviews for the Board.
- Lead and motivate the senior management team to continue to provide a first-class service to the company’s customer
- Provide strong leadership and display exceptional interpersonal people skills.
- Establish strong relationships with staff.
- As a key member of the senior team develop strategic relationships with key customers and key suppliers.
- Develop significant operational efficiencies through the introduction and use of innovative systems.
- Deliver agreed key capital projects on time and within budget.
- Represent the company with all key stakeholders internally and externally.
The Ideal Candidate will have
- Proven leadership experience at a senior management level.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
- Strong financial acumen with experience of managing significant budgets.
- Strong management experience, ideally in the equipment supply and service sector.
- Strong influencing, facilitation and negotiating skills.
- Experience working at Board level.
- Energy and passion to drive a growth strategy.
- Positive attitude to challenges and driving change.
- Will be educated to degree level, with a commercial or business discipline an advantage.