Site Engineering Leader and member of the site Management Team. An Electrical/Electronics engineer, with relevant engineering team management experience in electro-mechanical design, production, and test development area, preferably in the medical device industry.
Reporting to the Site Plant Manager, you will be responsible for the management of the engineering team and related tasks including multiple engineering projects including driving projects to completion, analysis, modeling and other customer and supplier interactions, both locally and globally. Management of multiple priorities and projects simultaneously while driving for completion of the business goals and objectives, while delivering to the company Values. Team development and partnering with other cross-functional engineering teams to provide support to various production requirements while also engaging with employee development strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieves engineering operational objectives by contributing engineering information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining administrative system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets engineering financial objectives by forecasting engineering requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Develops strategic engineering plans by studying operational plans; determining needs to accomplish operational plans; mapping solutions; updating and modifying requirements and solutions; preparing cost estimates and budgets.
- Plans engineering projects by determining specifications; selecting contractors when required; establishing project schedules; planning installations; integrating requirements with architectural and mechanical designs; verifying regulatory requirements; updating cost estimates.
- Completes engineering projects by supervising projects and deliverables; resolving issues.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with all relevant regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining current on regulations and requirements; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Foster a culture of performance excellence within the engineering team and set strategy to achieve excellence.
- Deliver to the performance management system and give regular, systematic feedback to all team members with appropriate recognition, coaching, mentoring and management as required.
- Degree Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the development and Manufacturing Engineering of Electronic equipment products extending over a broad range of applications.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing a team of individuals, to include professional and technical employees, in a technical and manufacturing environment.
- Computer skills to include MS word, MS Excel, MS Project.
- Successful track record in medical device engineering preferred.
- Thorough familiarity with design control requirements (FDA, ISO) for development and manufacture of medical devices preferred
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- High levels of energy with excellent skills to analyze & synthesize data.
- Team oriented.
- Excellent management & communication skills.
- Customer oriented.
- Technical competency and analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Computer literacy, in particular electronic design applications and MS Office