Director of Finance
This position will be responsible for leading and managing all financial planning, analysis and accounting control related activities for group operations. This includes all manufacturing sites, Contract manufacturing suppliers, support functions of Planning, Direct & Indirect Procurement, Engineering, Quality and HR.
The person will need to engage as a collaborative member of a Global Operations team and will also be responsible for leading and developing a team of direct reports which includes controllership of the groups manufacturing entity.
- Serve as a key member of the Senior VPs staff to ensure proper operating cadence is in place, develop robust reporting and metrics package, ensure consistent review, provide pro-active line of sight to key trends, potential issues and opportunities.
- Actively participate in strategy development, thought leadership, initiative sizing and the measurement of cost savings attainment.
- Lead the annual budget and quarterly forecasting processes by performing analyses, model development, and gathering supporting data for assumptions. Budget and forecasting processes include detailed manufacturing / cost center plans across all locations.
- Prepare and analyze ongoing financial trends in manufacturing operations (conversion factors) including performing in-depth analyses to help understand trends, align business unit strategy appropriately, and drive business transformation.
- Monitor significant variances to plan in expenses, headcount, capital management, inventory management / control, build plan, material costs, parts pricing and standard manufacturing cost performance. Alert senior leadership to issues and drive corrective action / resolve with Operations management team.
- Lead, manage and develop Operations Finance team members through project / workload delegation, team goal and function alignment, continuous improvement focus, team member accountability and developmental training or growth / stretch opportunities.
- Manage / Review / Approve all Global Operations capital expenditure requests.
- Ensure compliance to all local and international policy and guidelines. Complete timely and accurate submissions, prepare for and comply with audits from internal, external and government audits.
- Work with other internal business partners including leads for Americas, EMEA and APAC in Sales, Marketing, R&D, and Finance to investigate and develop action plans for necessary projects.
- Conforms to, supports and enforces all Company policies and procedures; drives financial / fiscal responsibility and accountability throughout the Global Operations organization.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and/or qualified accountant; MBA preferred;
- At least Fifteen years’ experience in accounting, financial planning / analysis in Manufacturing or Supply Chain environments is a requirement.
- Eight years minimum at a management level.
- Experience dealing with broad multiple location supply chains with budgets in excess of $100 million annually.
- Strong systems/ERP experience: ideally Oracle but SAP acceptable.
- Capable of deep strategic thinking with very strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities and creative problem-solving skills.
- Must be highly organized, have a natural drive for results, be able to work on multiple projects / analysis at the same time that vary widely in scope, size, and type (assigned projects require the individual to formulate hypotheses, develop assumptions, gather data, build models, and analyze data with little guidance, minimum supervision and often in ambiguous situations).
- Experience in supporting and regular interaction with senior level company executives.
- Excellent skills in verbal, written, and presentation communications to all levels and types of management.
- Ability to manage team members and drive accountability and results.
- Ability to lead people through a process and be able to take charge as appropriate.
- Ability to deal effectively with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to completely maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency. Strong spreadsheet skills (MS Office applications) required. Must be able to quickly and accurately manipulate large amounts of data.
- Some travel required.