Director of Development
A seasoned fundraiser with significant major gift success and campaign exposure, the Director of Development will assume responsibility and direction for major and planned giving efforts. A masterful strategist and planner, the successful candidate will partner with the Executive Director to design and implement fundraising tactics to enable the University’s exciting vision for the future. Excited by the opportunity to build on existing successes, the Director of Development will combine energy and enthusiasm with metrics and rigorous processes to keep the campaign on track and aligned with the overall development goals.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for day-to-day operations of major and planned gift fundraising activities and staff
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching, and encouragement to a professional staff of fundraisers, to raise sights and support them in reaching financial goals and in providing an exceptional experience for donors, prospective donors, and fundraising volunteers and partners
- In partnership with the Executive Director and the Director, Advancement Services, oversee the overall prospect base and the flow of prospects through qualification, assignment, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- In partnership with the Development team, determine optimal management and assignment strategies for each prospect.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with a portfolio of prospective donors, with accountability for personal revenue and activity goals
- Develop and implement accountability measurements for major and planned giving activities and staff, putting in place rigorous systems, routines, procedures and behaviors to ensure success and growth in our major and planned giving activities
- Ensure compliance by the Major and Planned Gift team with all regulations, policy and ethical standards that pertain to fundraising
- Collaborate with academic and administrative colleagues, and with the Development team
- Provide guidance, training, and support to academic and administrative colleagues and volunteers who serve as partners in fundraising activities
- Supervise donor relations, stewardship, and communications activities with prospects and donors assigned to the Major and Planned Gift team, ensuring a high level of professionalism and donor engagement
- Support and partner with the Alumni Relations team to ensure an integrated approach to the continuous engagement of alumni
- Maintain accountability for operating and revenue budgets for this portfolio
- Contribute to policy and procedural development within Development & Alumni Relations
- Serve as a member of the senior management team in Development & Alumni Relations
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in major gift fundraising in an institutional setting is required, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility
- Minimum undergraduate degree
- Strong understanding of all aspect of the donor cycle—identification, cultivation, engagement, solicitati/on and stewardship
- Strong evidence of managing a portfolio of major gift prospects and demonstrated success in solicitation
- A strong commitment to, and understanding of, post secondary education and continuous learning
- Sound knowledge of the vision and objectives of Development & Alumni Relations
- Experience in executive and senior leadership interaction
- Proven ability to manage staff and budgets, with evidence of both during career advancement
- Extensive experience in volunteer management, particularly volunteer boards at a senior level
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills and computer literacy
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially and collaboratively
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.