Head of Business Development (Ireland)
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Business Development Ireland will be charged with overall responsibility for sales and revenue for the Ireland operations. The Successful candidate will also be charged with developing an expanded sales proposition by bringing ideas from conception, to design and successfully into the marketplace. The successful candidate will focus primarily on the company’s Workshop which offer state of the art facilities and have the capacity to offer an expanded service range to the Irish market. Working with new and existing customers the successful candidate will ensure that product development and positioning will meet with market demands.
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Business Development Ireland will be charged with overall responsibility for sales and revenue for the Ireland operations. The Successful candidate will also be charged with developing an expanded sales proposition by bringing ideas from conception, to design and successfully into the marketplace.
The successful candidate will also focus on the company’s Workshop which offer state of the art facilities and have the capacity to offer an expanded service range to the Irish market. Working with new and existing customers the successful candidate will ensure that product development and positioning will meet with market demands.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and successfully execute a Sales & Marketing Strategy that features new markets, innovations and products.
- Develop an understanding of the market in which the company operate and key points of contact/influencers therein.
- Instrumental in conceiving and executing a plan to fill spare operational capacity.
- Personally deliver key sales targets / key accounts.
- Monitor and report back to management on deliverables and achievements as well as on the accuracy of the Sales & Marketing Strategy forecast with complete transparency throughout.
- Actively pursue new tender opportunities.
- Continuously develop the Sales & Marketing function in line with changing market and environmental requirements.
- Plan and implement marketing programmes for advertising, promotions, market research and product development.
- Manage and coordinate suppliers with regard to new product/service introductions, marketing literature and brochures etc.
- Identify customer requirements, capture their ideas and provide immediate feedback to appropriate company personnel so that opportunities can be identified and cost analysed.
- Develop excellent relationships with existing customer base and conduct regular visits.
- Develop relationships with potential new customers.
- Liaise with management across all departments to support them in meeting and exceeding budgeted revenue and profit targets.
- Liaise with IT and ensure company website is reviewed regularly, portrays the right image and is aligned with the marketing strategy.
- Develop and uphold the company’s corporate image.
- Manage and galvanise a team of direct reports with formal reporting structures and staff briefings.
- Complete contract set-up as required.
- Supervises and engages (as required) in completing new tenders for OEM activity as they may relate to the division.
- Manage website and social media content and activity
- Day to day sales activity
- Manage the negotiation / renegotiation of contracts as relevant
- Third level qualification in Engineering, preference for mechanical.
- Postgraduate qualification in Management, Business, Sales or Marketing.
- 5 years minimum management experience in Sales or Marketing.
- Dublin based role but must be very flexible and willing to travel nationwide and internationally frequently.
- Technical knowledge of the automotive/motor trade or related trade areas:
- Ideally with a background in the motor industry, either at dealership, supplier or OEM level
- Industry experience in dealing with HGVs, Local Authorities, Engineering advantageous
- Experience in assisting with new technical product design or placement advantageous
- Proven track record in motivating a team to achieve a targeted and measurable plan.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- The ideal candidate will have had a technical or commercial role in their career or a blend of technical and commercial experience.
- Highly credible and professional Manager, with visionary leadership capacity
- Strong credentials in meeting sales targets and in expanding revenue beyond traditional boundaries
- High end communicator; with strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills (an honest communicator)
- Attitude displaying genuine rigor and determination with a high level of inquisitiveness
- High level of organisational skills
- A sound technical knowledge and bias.
- Some experience of a technical role in earlier career would be would be advantageous.
- Ability to plan and successfully execute
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively with little direction or oversight.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Exemplary customer service and relationship management skills
For further information, please contact: